Online advertising may seem daunting to some. Without a computer guru, your company may feel as if you aren’t up to the task of advertising online. Without online advertising, however, your business will most likely be stuck in the back of the pack. Though the internet used to appear futuristic, it is now an integral cost of doing business. You need to reach your customers in ways they wish to be reached, and this most often includes some form of online advertising. How can you succeed online if you don’t have much computer or online experience?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - You want to set up your website in a way that when online searches are done, your website appears in the top results. This can be done in a variety of ways, including using keywords and phrases on your site that are relevant to what you are selling. You can also improve your SEO by having written content on your website, including but not limited to: writing how-to instructionals or video tutorials, using content that is visual such as infographics, and posting blogs or other related articles. You can also hire companies to assist you in optimizing your online presence.
- Email Marketing - Email marketing providers, such as Constant Contact and MailChimp, make it easy for even the most novice computer users to send out email campaigns. With premade email templates and easily navigatable systems, you can upload your email list and be sending out campaigns within a few hours. Depending upon the size of your email lists, you may qualify to utilize their free accounts.
- Social Media Paid Advertising - There are many benefits of utilizing social media to reach your customers. The familiarity of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, make them easy tools to use to reach more people. You just need to set up a business social media account for your company and associate a payment method. Facebook or Instagram will even make suggestions to you for posts that you can promote or boost. You can choose your audience based on a variety of factors, such as location, interests, and other relevant demographics. If you have little computer and internet knowledge, social media advertising might be the ideal place for you to start. With campaigns costing as little as $5 per day, you can dip your toes in the water to see if social media advertising is right for you. Be certain when setting up any campaigns that you pay attention to the max you want to spend per day and per campaign.
- Social Media Free Self-Promotion - If you have someone capable of writing copy for your business, you can start a blog post on your website at no cost. Blogs can be either directly or indirectly related to your business. You’ll need to promote your blogs by posting about them on your social media. This can easily get you more visitors to your website. The more visitors you have on your site, the more sales you should make, and the more revenue. And you can achieve these benefits just from writing about something you are already familiar with. You don’t feel comfortable writing your blogs? This is not a problem. Many skilled copywriters are willing to do contract work including writing blogs. By providing them with some information on your company and what you want to promote, they can write compelling copy for you to attract more business, most often for less than $200 per post. Rates are typically based on length of article and how much research is necessary.
- General Online Advertising (such as Google Ads) - Not surprisingly, Google makes it easy to start advertising with them. Set your goals, decide where you want to have your ads run, create your message and budget, and you will be ready for your campaign to go live. If you prefer, they have a toll-free number in the USA that you can call to get started. Google offers four advertising types:
- Video ads - Instead of stagnant images, you can utilize videos shared through YouTube to get your message out. Because customers are often intrigued by visual cues, this is a great way to get across to them.
- Search ads - When users do searches containing specific keywords, your company appears at the top of the search, making this a beneficial type of ad to place. You may have noticed paid ads when you have done your own Google searches and saw the word “Ad” inside of a box to the left of a URL in the search returns.
- Display ads - While users search the internet, your ads appear in front of them in the form of clickable banner or text ads. You can decide which audience you want to appear in front of and schedule your ads accordingly. You can also target those who were searching for similar products to yours.
- App ads - If your business has an app, you can promote the app specifically on the Google network. This form of advertising works best for more established websites with related apps.
If you still don’t feel comfortable placing ads on social media or Google on your own, don’t despair. There are many agencies offering services to help you place these ads. You can be in front of your target audience, making the sales that you once only dreamt of, all with just a few clicks of a mouse.
About Bed and Brand
Bed & Brand. We know Bedding. We know Branding. We are your premier wholesale and dropship source for all things bedding - from pillows to bedsheets, to mattress protectors, and more. We only sell the highest quality bedding products at the best prices. Located in South Florida, Bed & Brand was started with the mission of providing top-grade, value-priced, bedding products to businesses like yours. Our low prices and our high-quality products are what makes your business successful. Our expertise in branding and private labeling make your business stand out from the crowd. With Bed & Brand by your side, you know you will receive exemplary customer support, vast product selection, and years of experience from our certified experts.